What is AFRICA-DESIGN?
AFRICA-DESIGN is a Design Society initiative to build a network of design researchers, educators, and practitioners based in African countries and beyond, with particular emphasis on design for sustainable development; and to link them with colleagues in the worldwide design community. The initiative builds on the mutual learning opportunities in the challenges that we all share.
AFRICA-DESIGN is a Design Society initiative that seeks to:
- Build a network of design researchers, educators, and practitioners based in Africa and beyond
- Work with Africa-related design projects for sustainable development
- Engage in research, education and innovation
- Create collaborative opportunities for action-oriented knowledge sharing and networking
- Promote equitable use of sustainable and inclusive design tools to support the UN SDGs
- Build on our mutual learning in facing the challenges that we all share.
The continent of Africa presents a great challenge and opportunity for sustainable development in the coming decades as described in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Design Society and its members have a strong commitment to sustainable design but Society membership from is African countries is very limited.
The Society aims to serve as a community builder leveraging a number of existing relationships between its members and colleagues in African countries, as well as cultivating new ones with academic, government, and other organizations.
AFRICA-DESIGN LinkedIn Group
To facilitate communication among registered members to the network and workshop participants, the LinkedIn AFRICA-DESIGN Group has been created. Please use the link to join.
AFRICA-DESIGN Network Inventory
As a first step, the Society is developing an inventory of interest from design researchers, educators, and practitioners active in design for SDGs, based in Africa and their current and potential partners. If you are interested in participating in this initiative please submit the form https://forms.gle/4YsJe53iD5cjEd1e9. This inventory is updated periodically
For further information, please contact email@example.com